We believe to help your child it is a partnership between Pupils, Parents, School and Community. By helping now we are investing in our future. These children are the future.
Here are some practical ways you can help your child.
- Talk to your child, ask how their day has been, what they have done in school today. Discuss the highs and lows of the day. Spend time talking about important issues eg. being responsible, fairness, respect, and trust.
- Encourage completion of homework. A regular time slot during the evening is beneficial. Help them, by providing a quiet place and time to study. Remind them to check completed work, ask them whether they have included everything the task required?
- Encourage use of their school diary. Remind them to write in all homework set. This helps them with organisation skills, being able to prioritise tasks set. Please look at the diary yourselves as this is one of the ways we communicate with you and you with us. Please sign your child’s diary each week, we then know that you have seen it.
- Ensure your child develops the habit of coming to school fully equipped with : bag, stationery, diary planner, timetable, correct books, PE kit. Again this helps with organisation skills.
- Encourage full attendance. Always send a letter, make a note in your child’s diary or telephone to authorise any absences.
Celebrate your child’s successes, through praise and rewards.
Discuss the importance of effort and “having a go” attitude.
REMEMBER WE CAN’T DO IT WITHOUT YOU. YOUR SUPPORT IS VITAL TO YOUR CHILD.