The PE Department aims to provide a broad, well-balanced curriculum which enables pupils to experience and enjoy a wide range of activities. Within in this we try to develop a positive attitude towards physical activity and encourage pupils to participate in extra-curricular activities. All pupils are encouraged to reach his/her maximum potential, regardless of attainment level, whilst also improving their physical fitness levels.
As a department we aim to offer a wide variety of games and physical/recreational activities within the practical limitations imposed by facilities, timetable and teaching staff available. Within these activities we aim to help pupils develop relevant skills, knowledge and understanding for future participation and vocations in sport and recreation.
Finally as a department we aim to help pupils to learn to cope with success and failure, to understand and appreciate the importance and the value of contributions of others, whatever their level of ability, and to encourage the appreciation of fair play and of abiding by the rules and codes of conduct in all activities.
- Mr J Swingler – Head of PE
- Mrs R Harris – Teacher of PE & Pastoral Achievement Leader
- Mrs J Paddock – Teacher of Dance & Assistant Head Teacher
- Mr S Pinfield – Teacher of PE & Pastoral Achievement Leader
- Mrs S Thompson – Teacher of PE & Assistant Head Teacher
- Mr S Gibson – Teacher of PE & Assistant Head Teacher
- Miss R Peasley – Teacher of PE
- Mr A Thompson – Teacher of PE & Pastoral Achievement Leader
- Miss S Lowe- Head of Dance & Teacher of PE
PE Kit – COMPULSORY It is the teacher’s responsibility at the start of the unit of work to discuss the appropriate kit required for each activity area.
- Reversible Multisport Top (Rugby Shirt)
- Polo Shirt (Mercury) with logo (Green)
- Black Shorts with logo
- Perryfields High School socks (with logo)
- Tracksuit Bottoms with logo
- Sweat Top with logo – OPTIONAL
- Polo Shirt (Venus) with logo (Green)
- Reversible Multisport Top (Only necessary for Rugby)
- Tracksuit Bottoms (Trinity) with logo
- Perryfields High socks with logo
- Sweat Top (Icon) with logo
- Shorts (Response) with logo
All items are compulsory unless shown as optional
In addition trainers will be needed for both boys and girls. (Trainers must not be worn as school shoes). Boys and Girls will be directed at the start of the year if they require; boots, shin pads or gum shields for their activities this year.
Physical Education AS/A2 Level
The OCR A level PE course is designed to give students an understanding of the key issues in physical education. This course includes theory and practical based learning.
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport
This is a 100% coursework qualification with a wide range of teaching and assessment methods that are varied, purposeful and enjoyable for the pupils. These may include posters, presentations, leaflets, essays, designing and carrying out training programmes, Pod casts and dissections.